2016 International Conference on Sexual Assault, Domestic Violence and Engaging Men and Boys
March 22-24, 2016
End Violence Against Women International (EVAWI) is inviting abstracts for presentations to be given at our international conference which promotes innovative techniques, unique approaches, and promising practices in responding to crimes of violence against women. The EVAWI conference takes a multidisciplinary approach to training, bringing together the many professionals who respond to these crimes. Complete proposals must be submitted through our portal using the link at the bottom of this page.
We are seeking proposals for presentations that meet our mission and the conference objectives, which are to:
- Improve the care and response to victims of sexual assault, intimate partner violence, stalking, human trafficking, and elder abuse
- Improve collaboration among criminal justice and community professionals through a multidisciplinary approach
- Improve the investigation and prosecution of those who perpetrate gender-based violence
- Promote effective prevention and risk reduction programs
If your proposal is selected, you will receive a complimentary conference registration, travel expenses, and hotel accommodations the night before and the night of your presentation(s). Priority consideration may be given to presenters who are able pay some of their travel expenses (e.g., with grant funding or agency support).
However, no honorarium or speaker fee will be paid to conference presenters.
- Innovation with respect to best practices
- Quality and originality
- Relevance to the field and multiple disciplines
- The extent to which the presentation identifies and addresses current and emerging issues in the field
- The extent to which the presentation bridges research and practice (proposals backed by empirical findings will be given preference)
Please see the Abstract Submission Guidelines for detailed information on what to include in your proposal, including examples of abstracts and learning objectives.
All conference presentations are 90 minutes long. You may propose more than one conference presentation, but all of the following documents must be submitted for each presentation, in order for it to be considered:
- A CV (curriculum vitae) and/or resumé for each presenter
- A biographical sketch for each presenter
You must provide a short biographical sketch detailing the professional experience of each presenter. Biographical sketches should be approximately 250 words in length.
- An abstract describing the presentation
You must submit an abstract describing your presentation. It should be no more than 300 words. This is your opportunity to entice conference attendees to attend your session, so your abstract should be informative and tailored to needs of attendees. You should include an introduction, a brief overview of the topic, and a description of what attendees will gain as a result of attending your session. Please avoid using technical jargon or acronyms, so everyone can understand. Please see the Abstract Submission Guidelines for sample abstracts.
- At least four measurable learning objectives for each workshop
You must submit at least four measurable learning objectives. Objectives are important as they will show your audience what they will gain as a result of attending your session. This document on Bloom's Taxonomy can be used to provide guidance and ensure that your objectives are truly measurable. You can also review the Abstract Submission Guidelines for examples of learning objectives from other sessions.
Your submission will not be accepted unless all required documents are uploaded. Deadline for submissions: Sunday, March 15, 2015.
Please keep in mind that EVAWI will not generally approve presentations with more than two presenters. To discuss an exception, contact our Executive Director, Joanne Archambault.
To strengthen your proposal, you may submit optional supporting materials such as an outline, presentation slides, publications, or a recording of your training. Email supporting documents to email@example.com.
Please submit all information and documents using this portal:
You can also copy and paste this link into your browser: http://www.evawintl.org/submitabstracts.aspx
All abstracts will be reviewed and decisions emailed no later than July 1, 2015.
Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 509-684-9800.
Click here to view information about previous EVAWI conferences.