April 22-24, 2014
End Violence Against Women International (EVAWI) is inviting abstracts for presentations to be given at our international conference which promotes innovative techniques, unique approaches, and promising practices in responding to crimes of violence against women. The EVAWI conference takes a multidisciplinary approach to training, bringing together the many professionals who respond to these crimes.
We are seeking proposals for presentations that meet our mission and the conference objectives, which are to:
- Improve the care and response to victims of sexual assault, domestic violence and stalking
- Improve collaboration among first responders through a multidisciplinary approach
- Improve the investigation and prosecution of all perpetrators of violence against women
- Promote effective prevention and risk reduction programs
- Innovative best practices
Quality and originality
Relevance to the field and multiple disciplines
The extent to which the presentation identifies and addresses current and emerging issues facing first responders
Contribution to the body of research in the field (i.e. proposals backed by scientific research will be given preference)
Selected presenters will receive a complimentary registration,
hotel accommodations the night before and the night of your presentation(s), as
well as travel expenses. Priority consideration may be given to
presenters who are able pay some of their travel expenses, e.g., grant funding,
Presentations should be submitted in a 90 minute format. Deadline for submissions: Friday, June 7 , 2013
You must provide the following documents for each presentation:
- A CV (curriculum vitae) and/or resume for each presenter
- A biographical sketch for each presenter
- An abstract (up to 500 words) describing the workshop
- At least four learning objectives for each workshop
EVAWI will generally not approve presentations with more than two presenters. To discuss an exception, contact our Executive Director, Joanne Archambault, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your submission will not be accepted unless
all required documents are uploaded.
However, to strengthen your proposal, you may submit optional supporting materials such as publications, an outline, your PowerPoint, a video or an audiotape of your training. Email supporting documents to email@example.com.
Please submit all information and documents through our website:
or copy and paste this link into your browser: http://www.evawintl.org/submitabstracts.aspx
Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 509-684-9800.
Click here to view information about previous EVAWI conferences.