The deadline for submissions for the 2017 Conference is April 18, 2016.
2017 International Conference on Sexual Assault and Domestic Violence and Systems Change
April 18-20, 2017
End Violence Against Women International (EVAWI) is inviting abstracts for presentations to be given at our international conference which promotes innovative techniques, unique approaches, and promising practices in responding to crimes of violence against women. The EVAWI conference takes a multidisciplinary approach to training, bringing together the many professionals who respond to these crimes.
Complete proposals must be submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are seeking applications for presentations that meet our mission and the conference objectives, which are to:
- Improve the care and response to victims of sexual assault, intimate partner violence, stalking, human trafficking, and elder abuse
- Improve collaboration among criminal justice and community professionals through a multidisciplinary approach
- Improve the investigation and prosecution of those who perpetrate gender-based violence
- Promote effective prevention and risk reduction programs
- Innovation with respect to best practices
- Quality and originality
- Relevance to the field and multiple disciplines
- The extent to which the presentation identifies and addresses current and emerging issues in the field
- The extent to which the presentation bridges research and practice (proposals backed by empirical findings will be given preference)
If your application is selected, you will receive a complimentary conference registration, travel expenses, and hotel accommodations the night before and the night of your presentation(s). Priority consideration may be given to presenters who are able pay some of their travel expenses (e.g., with grant funding, agency support, personal funds).
No honorarium or speaker fee will be paid to conference presenters.
Please see the Abstract Submission Guidelines for detailed information on what to include in your application, including examples of abstracts and learning objectives.
All required information for Primary presenters and co-presenters must be completed before submitting your application. Incomplete presentation applications will not be considered.
All conference presentations are 90 minutes long. You may propose more than one conference presentation, but all of the following documents must be submitted for each presentation, in order for it to be considered:
- A Presentation Application for each presenter
- A CV (curriculum vitae) and/or resumé for each presenter (Survivors presenting based on their personal experience do not need to include a CV or resumé)
- A biographical sketch for each presenter
- An abstract describing the presentation
- At least four measurable learning objectives for each workshop
- Optional Supporting materials
Incomplete presentation proposals will not be considered.
Your application will not be accepted unless all required information is submitted before 4/18/2016. However, we strongly suggest submitting your proposal(s) long before the deadline, because they are reviewed in an ongoing way.
EVAWI will not generally approve presentations with more than two presenters. To discuss an exception, contact our Executive Director, Joanne Archambault.
Please email complete presentation applications and supporting documents to email@example.com.
All abstracts will be reviewed and decisions emailed no later than 6/1/2016.
Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 509-684-9800.
Click here to view information about previous EVAWI conferences.